When running some games, you may encounter an error such as “No suitable graphics card found”. This is most common in Terraria or Stardew Valley.
Video card drivers:
- Download drivers for your video card from the official NVIDIA or AMD website.
- If you have integrated graphics from Intel, download drivers from the Intel website.
- Download the DirectX installer from the official website.
- Run it and go through all the steps.
- This will automatically download and install any missing DirectX DLLs.
No suitable graphics card found Terraria (No suitable graphics card found Stardew Valley):
- Delete the game configuration file (Terraria – config.dat, which can be found in the Documents folder\Terraria).
- Disconnect the second monitor.
- Try changing the screen resolution to a lower one.
- Install .NET Framework 4 and Microsoft XNA Framework Redistributable0.
- If the game was installed in Steam, in the properties of the game you can try to check the integrity of the game files in the tab “Local Files”.
- In the video card management software, try to adjust settings focusing on performance, change colour (set to 16-bit), and disable HDR mode in the screen settings.