If your goal is to free up disk space, it is possible to remove the hiberfil.sys file completely or reduce its size.
Reduce size of hiberfil.sys hibernation file:
- Run Windows Terminal or the command line as administrator.
- Enter the command “powercfg -h -type reduced” and press Enter.
- You will then see the new hibernation file size to be used in Windows 11.
- Switch off hibernation mode
- After a restart, the hiberfil.sys file will disappear from the drive
- You can delete the file manually
How to open control panel Windows 11
How to fix amd_ags_x64.dll not found error Windows
How to remove Microsoft account from Windows 11
How to fix vulkan-1.dll not found error Windows
How to show file extensions in Windows 11
How to fix 0x80131500 error Windows 11
How to set default printer in Windows 11
How to disable Virtualization-Based Security (VBS disable)
How to enable DNS over HTTPS in Windows 11
How to fix "to try again enter a1b2c3"
How to fix KERNEL DATA INPAGE ERROR Windows 11
How to open Disk Management in Windows 11