When printing documents, unless you manually select a printer, printing will be done on the default printer installed in Windows. This is not always the correct device, and sometimes it is not a printer at all, but a virtual device.
Windows 11 settings:
- Open Settings, this can be done using the Win+I shortcut.
- Go to “Bluetooth and Devices” and then open “Printers and Scanners”.
- In the next window, under “Printer Settings” disable the option “Allow Windows to control the default printer” (if this option is enabled, the last used printer will be selected by default).
- In the same window, in the list at the top, click on the printer you want to use as the default printer.
- Click on the “Use as default” button.
You can run the command line as administrator (Windows Terminal will also work) and use the following command: (rundll32 printui.dll,PrintUIEntry /y /n “printer name”).
After these steps, the printer with the specified name will be selected as the default printer.