VLC is a popular media player with many hidden features. It supports most popular audio and video formats and has versions for all desktop and mobile platforms.
The program knows how to cut the right parts of the video. However, this feature is “hidden” in it.
To do this, you need:
- Open the video in VLC.
- Click “View” → “Advanced Controls”.
- At the bottom you will see a toolbar, find the red “Record” button.
- Press it and start playing the video from the desired point.
- When you’ve played a piece of video, press the red button again.
- The desired fragment will be saved in the “Videos” folder.